Design and Optimize
- Find an appropriate section of a photo and crop to that area.
- Add a layer mask and remove the background with the eraser and/or marquee.
- Save the file as .PSD (Photoshop).
- Change the File format to .PNG-24.
- Resize the image so it is no wider than 110 pixels.
- Use the Upload/Insert button to add the mini image to the Media Library.
- Click Show to revise the Title and Alternative Text.
- Copy the path to the file, starting just after /wp-content/uploads/
- Remove all other formatting.
- Click Save all Changes.
- Do NOT insert into Post.
- The code for linking the image to the box is located in the Dashboard->Appearance->Widgets->Footer Widgets box.
- Replace the path to the file in the existing text widget with the new path. For example the red file path:
<img class="mini" src="/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/schedeens-julie-sunflowers-focus.png" alt="Schedeen Farm" ...
<img class="mini" src="/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/farmername-detail.png" alt="Schedeen Farm" ...
If the excerpt that is automatically provided in the box does not fit, then add an edited version in the Excerpt block of the editing screen. If you do not see that block to edit, click the Screen Options tab at the top and choose Excerpt.