| Food Strainer and Spatula method
- Heat desired amount of berries (fresh or frozen) in a saucepan until juices are released and berries are softened.
- Put berries in a mesh food strainer on top of a non reactive bowl and press with the blade of the plastic spatula until only pulp that is mostly seeds remain.
- Scrape underside of the sieve with spatula to release all puree.
|Food Mill method
- Place fresh or thawed frozen berries in the hopper of a food mill fitted with an extra fine screen size.
- Place food mill on top of a glass or non-reactive metal bowl.
- Turn handle to strain puree.