Loaded with fiber and vitamin C, blackberries are little flavor bombs in this lightly sweetened bread pudding.
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 25 minutes. Total time: 35 minutes.
- ⅓ cup 2% milk or half-and-half
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted/li>
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed whole wheat bread, about 4 slices
- ¾ cup frozen blackberries
|Bread Pudding Steps
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Have ready 2 (8-ounce) ramekins or small oven-proof dishes.
- In a mixing bowl, stir to combine milk, egg, honey, butter, and vanilla. Stir in bread and berries.
- Divide mixture between ramekins, place on a small baking sheet, and bake until browned and set, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.