- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- ½ stemmed and minced yellow/orange chile manzano (a.k.a. chile perón, black seeds removed) or substitute 1 serrano chile or 1 jalapeño chile (unseeded)
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 Valencia juice orange, juiced
- 1 Mexican lime (a.k.a. Key lime, if possible), juiced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon organic agave syrup or sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Put the onion and chile into a blender or food processor. Pulse.
- Dump in the blackberries, and pulse again.
- Pour in the orange and lime juices.
- Add the cilantro, sweetener and salt.
- Pulse one final time to a coarse texture.
- Taste. Adjust seasoning and add more minced chili for a spicier salsa, if desired.