Wake up your family with the aroma of these dreamy, gooey blackberry breakfast or brunch cinnamon rolls.
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 40 minutes. Total time: 2 hours 45 minutes.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package instant yeast
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blackberries, halved if fresh
|Cinnamon Rolls Steps
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine flour, ⅓ cup sugar, and salt. Whisk in yeast. Using your fingers or the paddle attachment, work butter into the flour until crumbly. Stir in milk, eggs, and vanilla until the dough comes together. Remove to a lightly floured work surface and knead or mix on low speed until dough is very smooth, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about 1 ½ hours. Turn out onto a work surface and roll out into a 16×12” rectangle. In a small bowl, mix together remaining ⅓ cup sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over dough. Sprinkle blackberries over dough.
- With the long edge facing you, roll dough up tightly. Cut crosswise into 12 rounds. Place rolls in 9×13” buttered pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Remove plastic wrap from cinnamon rolls, and bake until browned, about 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan about 5 minutes.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth, and drizzle over the warm cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.