This chutney will brighten any dish or give your morning toast some extra zip.
Makes about 2 ½ cups
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. Total time: 60 minutes (includes chilling time).
- 1 tablespoon preferred high-heat oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ pound fresh cranberries
- ½ pound frozen raspberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mustard and coriander, and cook until mustard seeds start to pop.
- Stir in cranberries, raspberries, sugar, vinegar, orange juice and zest, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. You should be able to mound it on a spoon. Cool completely and refrigerate. Serve chilled.