Combine cake and ice cream to make a yummy chilled sandwich.
Makes 18 Sandwiches
Prep time: __. Cook time: __. Total time: __.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup toffee baking bits (Heath English Toffee bits)
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter until light. Gradually add the sugars continuing to beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Beat well then stir in the flour. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits and hazelnuts, mix well
- Drop dough by tablespoon full onto the prepared baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 15 minutes. Let cool on baking pan for 5 minutes before removing to baking sheets to finish cooling.
|Marionberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into small bits
- 6 cups frozen Marionberries thawed (may substitute frozen blackberries) and pureed.
|Ice Cream Steps
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together until pale yellow in color. In a mid-sized saucepan set on medium high heat bring the cream and the milk to the boiling point.
- Pour a small amount of the hot cream mixture into the egg/sugar mixture and whisk together to temper the eggs
- Pour remaining hot cream mixture into bowl and mix well
- Return to saucepan and cook mixture over medium heat until thickened and the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese. Let cream cheese melt.
- Stir in pureed Marionberries and let mixture cool
- When mixture is cool, refrigerate until cold before adding to ice cream maker. Following maker’s instructions freeze ice cream to soft serve stage.
- Put ice cream into a lidded container and freeze for 4 hours until hard.
|Ice Cream Sandwich Assembly
Place one cookie flat side up on a cookie sheet. Scoop ice cream onto to cookie and top with second cookie, flat side down. Serve immediately or wrap individual sandwich and place in freezer for use later.