Five minutes and a mug are the secret ingredients in this deliciously simple cobbler. It’s the perfect last-minute solution for a sweet anytime snack.
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 5 minutes. Total time: 15 minutes.
- 1 heaping cup frozen blackberries
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- In a large microwave-safe mug, stir together berries, 2 teaspoons sugar, and cornstarch. Cover tightly with plastic wrap pierced a few times with a knife, and microwave until berry juices begin to thicken, about 1-3 minutes, checking after each minute since microwave temps vary. Carefully remove plastic wrap and stir.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, 2 teaspoons sugar, and cinnamon. Knead butter into flour mixture until it resembles a coarse crumble. Sprinkle on top of berries.
- Return to microwave and cook 1-2 more minutes. Cool slightly before eating.