Mixed greens and nutritious salmon and berries makes this salad a uniquely Northwest addition your late-summer meal.
|Blackberry Ginger Dressing
- 1 stalk celery
- ¼ diced medium onion
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ cup strained blackberry juice (Use fine mesh strainer to sift the seeds from the juice.)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 dash turmeric
- 4 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a blender and adjust to taste.
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- ¼ lb sugar snap peas chopped 1/8 thickness
- 1 bunch diced radish
- ½ head of blanched and torn lacinato kale
- ½ pint black berries or defrosted frozen blackberries without the juice
- Small handful diced cilantro
- 2 tbl spoon coconut oil
- 1 lb of precooked salmon broken up
- ½ cup tamari toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sauté red and yellow peppers and radishes in coconut oil for 1-2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Mix vegetables, kale, and salmon.
- Mix in the berries and toss with salad dressing to taste.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Use extra salad as an addition to greens, stuffing for lettuce wraps or tortillas.
- Refrigerate dressing when done. Will keep for a week.
Adalu Stew uses food as the foundation for exploring cancer care. The weekly food deliveries are specifically designed in collaboration with Naturopathic doctors, nutritional therapists and chefs to maximize nutritional benefits. Community building events enable folks living with cancer to examine complementary cancer care in a supported fashion.