- 6 ripe peaches, sliced into 8-10 pieces over mixing bowl (if frozen, thaw first)
- 4 cups (2 pints) blackberries or raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup sugar (maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons flour (1½ Tablespoons cornstarch or 3 Tablespoons oat flour)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom<
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger<
- Put peaches and berries into mixing bowl.
- In smaller bowl, mix sugar, flour and spices together well.
- Sprinkle over fruit and toss gently to combine. Transfer to 2 qt. baking dish. You can also make individual crisps using 8 oz. baking cups.
- Place dish or dishes on a sheet pan to catch the drips as it bakes.
- ¾ cup flour (oat or Gluten Free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar (¼ coconut sugar or ½ cup maple syrup)
- ½ cup almond meal, or sliced almonds or nut of choice, chopped
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- Even better with: ⅓ cup candied ginger pieces, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Cut in butter and then add the oats.
- Crumble the topping over the fruit evenly. If the butter is softened, this can be made easily by hand. If not, a mixer would be a better choice. If using one, use the paddle to beat the butter until soft, add the sugar, almond meal and oats.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle over fruit in dish or dishes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.