- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ thawed frozen blackberries
|Compound Butter Steps
- Make ahead of cooking steaks.
- In a bowl combine thawed blackberries and softened butter and mix well.
- Place on plastic wrap and mold into a log shape.
- Wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 filet mignon (about 5 ounces each and 1½ inch thick)
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- Rub crushed peppercorns and sea salt on both sides of steak.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add steaks cook 6-8 minutes or until desired doneness turning once.
- Remove from skillet keep warm.
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- ½ cup dry red wine (Cabernet preferred)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In the same skillet, sauté shallots for one minute.
- Stir wine into skillet, scraping any brown bits from skillet.
- Let wine boil until reduced by half.
- Stir in blackberry preserves and broth, let boil until reduced by half.
- Whisk in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steaks with sauce drizzled over.
- Place a pat of compound butter on each steak.