- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (about 6 oz) whole frozen raspberries – do not thaw
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Whisk dry muffin ingredients and lemon peel together.
- In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients. Add in dry ingredients and stir until almost fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, toss frozen raspberries with flour to coat, then gently fold into dough, handling only enough to incorporate berries.
- Using paper muffin cup liners, fill each cup until 1/2” from top. Crumble streusel topping over each.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and muffin springs back when pressed lightly with fingertip.
- Serve in decorative muffin papers.