An exquisite and heavenly Italian dessert of cake infused with Gran Marnier, layered with mascarpone cheese, and topped with Oregon Raspberries.
Serves 12 to 15
Prep time: 1 hour. Total time: 13 hours.
- 24 Ounces (6 cups) frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
|Raspberry Filling Steps
- In a medium bowl mix together prepared raspberries and sugar and set aside.
- ½ Cup water
- 1 ½ Cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Gran Marnier
- 2/3 Cup cold water
|Sugar Syrup Steps
- Mix together ½ cup water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat on medium/low, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat add Gran Marnier and 2/3 cup cold water. Set aside.
|Creamy cheese filling
- 1 Pound (2- 8ounce tubs) Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
|Creamy Cheese Filling Steps
- Place Mascarpone cheese in a large mixing bowl and whip with electric mixer or by hand until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream, sugar and vanilla with mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold one fourth of the whipped cream into Mascarpone cheese using a rubber spatula, to lighten.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into the mixture and set aside.
|Chocolate Filling and garnish
- 2-oz bar of high quality dark chocolate
|Chocolate Filling & Garnish Steps
- Grate half of the chocolate using a box grater.
- Make chocolate curls with the second half of bar, using a vegetable peeler. Press firmly on a smooth edge of the bar. and peel onto a sheet of waxed paper. You may have to warm bar slightly under table lamp to create curls. Do not touch curls.
- Refrigerate curls until ready to use.
- Dip ladyfingers into cooled sugar syrup and line the bottom of a 13”x 9”x 2”pan. Cut remaining dipped ladyfingers in half and line the sides, coming just to the top of the pan.
- Spread half of the Mascarpone cheese mixture on the ladyfingers.
- Top with grated chocolate to lightly cover the Mascarpone layer.
- Spread with all of the raspberry mixture.
- Spread remaining Mascarpone mixture over raspberries, being careful to keep the top white.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with chocolate curls and garnish with fresh raspberries.