Protein-packed Greek yogurt and fiber-rich raspberries are pureed to create a light pink and more nutrient dense pancake batter.
After blending, feel free to strain out the seeds before cooking. Good morning, indeed!
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. Total time: 35 minutes.
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, plus more for serving
- ½ cup 2% milk or nondairy milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple or berry syrup, for serving
- In a blender, puree yogurt, berries, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold yogurt mixture into flour to combine. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Use a paper towel dipped in oil to lightly grease a skillet or griddle, then place over medium heat. Once hot, pour batter onto skillet to form 4” pancakes, making about 3-4 at a time depending on the size of skillet. Cook until bubbles form on top, then flip and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Lightly grease skillet between batches and cook remaining pancakes.
- Serve topped with additional berries (thawed or fresh) and maple or berry syrup.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover pancakes. Reheat in the microwave in 30-second bursts.