- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cardamom
- 2 sticks (1 cup) Unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 1¾ cups Buttermilk
- 1 pint Marionberries
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter.
- Pour in buttermilk, knead just until incorporated. Gently fold in berries.
- Roll dough out on floured surface to 1 inch thick.
- Cut with floured biscuit cutter. Place on oiled sheet pan.
- Bake 18–20 minutes, rotating
|Smoked Marionberry Jam
- 6.5 lbs Marionberries (about 25 cups)
- 1½ cups Water
- 3 cups Sugar
- Mesquite chips
- Combine Marionberries, water, and sugar in saucepan set to low to medium heat.
- Simmer until thick, stirring occasionally. Allow cooling.
- Place in pan that fits smoker.
- Smoke with Mesquite chips on low for 20 minutes.
|Black Pepper Ricotta
- 1 gallon Milk
- 1 gallon Heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups Fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Black pepper
- Bring milk and whipping cream to 190oF in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice to curdle the mixture.
- Stir in black pepper. Allow curds and whey to separate in a refrigerator overnight.
- On day 2, pour through cheesecloth and let strain overnight.
- On day 3, scrape ricotta off cloth.