- 1 cup Quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup red pepper, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen blackberries
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in quinoa, oil and salt.
- Reduce to low; cover.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Transfer to large size bowl.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss quinoa with dressing.
- Stir in green onions, red pepper slices, sliced sausage and parsley. Mix well.
- Gently stir in blackberries to combine with salad.
- Top with shaved Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.